Other Recognition Awards, Contests, and Scholarships Not Administered Through the Department of Education
From time to time the Department receives information regarding awards or contests. This section of the Web site contains information regarding awards or contests administered through other organizations or agencies.
- School Emergency Preparedness Award
The NH Departments of Safety and Education are seeking nominations for the School Emergency Preparedness Award. The School Emergency Preparedness Award will honor an individual and/or school who has made outstanding contributions in the field of school emergency preparedness during calendar year 2015. The School Emergency Preparedness Award will recognize an individual and/or school that has exhibited the highest standard of excellence, dedication and accomplishment in the field of school emergency preparedness. We are very interested in nominees whose efforts in school emergency preparedness have resulted in or will result in the saving of lives, lessening of injury or property in time of or prior to a disaster or emergency. Nominees for the award will be drawn from across the state. The award will be announced at the Annual Emergency Preparedness Conference on June 9, 2016. All nominations must be submitted by Friday, February 19th, to the NH Department of Safety, Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, EP Conference Committee, 33 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03305 or emailed to: NHEOC@dos.nh.gov.
- School Emergency Preparedness Award Form
- Bananagrams Challenge 2016
The BANANAGRAMS Challenge provides students with an enjoyable and interactive way to develop language skills as they play and learn with words. BANANAGRAMS is a fast-paced competitive word-race game that requires no pencil, paper, board or waiting for turns. The Challenge is open to students in grades 4, 5 and 6 and is free to enter for any New England School. The BANANAGRAMS Challenge is limited to 500 schools – so register yours today.
- Fire and Life Safety Poster Contest
The Department of Safety, Office of the State Fire Marshal and the New Hampshire Fire Prevention Society believe that Fire Prevention and Life Safety should be a part of daily life throughout the year in every New Hampshire household. Third grade students are challenged to design a poster representing an important fire prevention & life safety message. This annual poster contest is open to all third grade students in the state of New Hampshire. Deadline for submissions is no later than February 26, 2016.
- The Hood Milk Sportsmanship Scholarship Program awards 18 New England high school student athletes with a $5,000 scholarship toward furthering their education at a two- or four- year accredited college or university. To be eligible, high school seniors must have displayed a high degree of sportsmanship while participating in a varsity high school sport. These students also must have earned a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher and performed volunteer work in the community.
- The NWFA Education & Research Foundation Wood Studies Scholarship is designed to promote the post-secondary study of forestry and related forestry sciences. Trees are a natural resource providing the raw materials that support the livelihood of those employed in the forestry industry, including members of the NWFA. This nonrenewable scholarship in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded to a current high school senior who will study forestry, environmental science, or natural resources in an effort to advance and improve forestry practices for generations to come. The deadline is February 1, 2016.
- Create a Greeting Card Scholarship
The Prudent Publishing Company, Inc./The Gallery Collection is looking for photography, artwork or computer graphic design for the front of a greeting card. They are offering one $10,000 scholarship to a high school, college or university student enrolled at any time during the latter half of 2015 in an academic program designed to conclude with the awarding of a diploma or a degree. Deadline for submissions is February 25, 2016.
Free Scholarship Searches
Browse awards and competitions or select a specific area of interest
Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.