On August 19, 2013, the State Board of Education named one teacher and education specialist representative, re-appointed two teachers, named one higher education and education administration representative, re-appointed two school administrators, and named one qualified lay person to the Professional Standards Board (PSB). The PSB is a 21-member body authorized by state law to advise the State Board of Education regarding professional growth, certification, and governance of the education profession in New Hampshire.
PSB members are appointed for three-year terms and may serve up to two full terms. The following are the newly appointed or re-appointed members:
Category I – Teachers/Education Specialists
- Nancy Corbett – Speech-Language Specialist, Three Rivers School, Pembroke (re-appointed for a second three-year term)
- Laura Hainey – AFT-NH, Concord (re-appointed for a second three-year term)
- Valerie Kehoe, Literacy Specialist, Bridgewater-Hebron Village School, Bridgewater (appointed for a three-year term)
Category II – Higher Education and Education Administration
- John Fabrizio – District Director of Special Services, Merrimack (re-appointed for a second three-year term)
- Charles Littlefield – Superintendent, SAU 15, Hooksett, Auburn, and Candia (re-appointed for a second three-year term)
- Mary McNeil – Professor Emerita, Plymouth State University and adjunct Doctoral Faculty, New England College (re-appointed for a three-year term)
Category III – Qualified Lay Persons
- Mary Ellen Hannon – Subject matter Expert, Senior Associate – Educational Content Consultant, Public Consulting, Portsmouth (appointed for a three-year term)
For more information about the PSB go to www.education.nh.gov/state_board/prof_stand.htm.