Charter School Fiscal Agent Requirements
FISCAL AGENT ESTABLISHMENT
A newly authorized Charter School must complete the following steps in order to become established as a non-profit organization doing business in New Hampshire. A New Hampshire vendor number is also required in order for the Charter School to receive state/federal funds.
The following forms must be completed and submitted to the Charter School Office for processing:
- RA (Reporting Authority) Request form - this form will be used to establish a charter school as an independent Reporting Authority for disbursement of state and federal funding and statistical tracking. This RA# will be generated once a vendor number has been assigned from the State of NH.
- Contact Information Form - for newly established/existing Charter Schools to notify the Charter School Office of any updates/revisions to contact information.
The final step to begin receiving grant funds awarded (if applicable) is to establish a login and permissions to the Online Grants Management System (also referred to as myNHDOE/Single Sign-On system). The Online Grants Management System handbook is located on the Accountability/Reporting Requirements Web page.
- Please create a new User Account on the myNHDOE Single Sign-On system - this system is part of the NHDOE portal that houses the Online Grants Management System (OGMS). The OGMS is used to request payment for funded projects. Please provide the Charter Office with your User Name in order for the appropriate funding and permissions to be assigned to your charter school.
- General Assurances form - this form will be sent to you once the above listed forms have been processed. You must have an original signed General Assurances form on file with the NH Department of Education each year in order to receive federal funds.
- New Hampshire Federal Funds Handbook - this handbook provides guidance in applying for federal funds, documenting and accounting for transactions associated with federally funded programs. Please note: This manual is not all inclusive of every regulation pertinent to federal grants. The handbook refers to the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) which is a codification of rules published in the Federal Register.
- Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR) and Other Applicable Grant Regulations
Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.
Microsoft Word format. You can download a free reader from Microsoft.