The NH Department of Education, funded by a grant from the National Governor’s Association, held The Third New Hampshire Governor’s Summit on High School Graduation: Getting to Zero in 2012 – Early Warning Indicators and Interventions on December 13, 2010 at the Holiday Inn in Concord, NH. The summit was designed to continue state and local cooperation in reducing the dropout rate, and ensuring more New Hampshire young people receive a high school diploma.
Topics addressed at this conference include:
- Overview - Paul Leather, Deputy Commissioner, NH Department of Education (If you save this PowerPoint to your computer you will be able to view the notes pages that go with each slide.)
- NH Early Warning System Preliminary Results
- Youth Panel discussion of challenges that they face and programs that made a difference - descriptions are listed on pages two and three of the NH Dropout Prevention and Recovery Oversight Council Annual Report 2010 Executive Summary
- Educational Services to Juveniles and Incarcerated Youth
- Increasing Graduation Rates-A National Perspective -
Tabitha Grossman, National Governors Association
- The National Governors Association Center for Best Practices develops innovative solutions to today’s most pressing public policy challenges and is the only research and development firm that directly serves the nation’s governors. Through the NGA Center, governors and their advisors:
- Learn what works, what doesn't and what lessons can be learned from other states grappling with similar challenges;
- Obtain specialized assistance designing and implementing new policy programs or improving the effectiveness of current programs;
- Receive up-to-the-minute information about what is happening in other state capitals and Washington, D.C.
- Alternative Methods to High School Completion
- Granite State Scholars Program
- Best Practices/Interventions
- Community Resources
Luncheon Speakers - Nena Stracuzzi and Megan Mills, Carsey Institute, University of New Hampshire
NH Dropout Prevention and Recovery Oversight Council Annual Report 2010 Executive Summary
Second New Hampshire Governor's Summit on High School Graduation
Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.
Microsoft PowerPoint format. You can download a free reader from Microsoft