September 21, 2009
Assessments & Accountability
- Are there early indicators that correlate to proficiency levels on NECAP assessments? (e.g. attendance, mobility)
- Are certain schools out performing comparable schools (e.g. poverty, size, teacher credentials, community demographics, etc.) on NECAP - what are the drivers of this performance?
a. Do schools that use NWEA outperform comparable schools?
b. Is there a correlation between teacher experience (perhaps average age) in school and NECAP results.
c. Is there a correlation between teacher path to certification and NECAP (or other assessment) results.
- Does NWEA predict performance on NECAP?
- What is the retention rate for educators by path of certification?
- What types of professional development support improved assessment results and/or high school completion/college entry?
- What research is currently available on the use of student performance as one part of teacher evaluation?
- Analysis of how subgroups are performing with regard to attendance, test scores.
- What are the early indicators in NH that identify students at risk for dropping out?
- What P-12 indicators identify a student's likelihood to continue on to and complete college?
a. State Scholars program
b. AP courses
- Report on descriptive statistics for students who complete Adult Education programs.
a. Do Adult Ed ESOL students enroll in college classes?
b. How many matriculate?
- What are distinguishing characteristics of schools and districts in corrective action/restructuring?
- Are there distinguishing characteristics of schools and districts in the years prior to being identified for corrective action?
a. Student attendance
b. Educator/Administrator turnover
c. Community demographics
d. School climate
e. Student behaviors
- What turnaround strategies work best in New Hampshire?
- What types of research are the other states doing? Can we learn from them?