Dept of Education Logo
Dept of Education Logo
Home | About Us | Accountability/Assessment | Certification | Data Collection & Reports | Innovations | Legislation/Hearings/Rules | NH Schools | Professional Development | Employment Opportunities | Contact Us | Search | Calendar
Department of Education - an official New Hampshire Government website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
skip navigation
students artwork

Performance Tracker Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. How do Assessments such as Dibels, Aimsweb, NWEA, Access, Stanford Reading 1st, get into the Performance Tracker Data?

A1. For nationally used assessments on the computer, the data is taken from the assessment site and loaded into Performance Tracker. Different assessments are uploaded with differing frequencies. Check the chart at this link to see when your assessments are uploaded:

Schools with their own local and/or national assessments can send student level results files to Performance Plus and they will add these results to Performance Tracker. Hand scored assessments must be loaded into Performance Tracker through creating an Assessment Builder compatible format and hand entering results.

Upload Frequency for Assessment and Demographic Data in Performance Tracker Acrobat Reader

Q2. When do I have to use the school year filter?

A2. The school year filter is used to ensure your report includes the students you want to consider. It allows you to specify what year the students were in a school – for example, you may only want to see students who are in your school this year, or you might want to see only students who were in your school last year. Additionally, the school year filter page allows you to specify what year the filter should be considering – for example, are you looking for all students who were on an IEP last year or maybe on an IEP the year preceding the NECAP test. This page will help ensure you are viewing the students you intend to view.

Q3. What does Town Responsible mean under Demographic filters on the reports page?

A3. Town responsible means the town paying for the student to go to school. For example, if district A is a K-6 school, and sends their students to district B Middle School, then District B can use the “Town Responsible” filter to filter for students that come from district A only.

Q4. Will a teacher be able to follow their students’ scores as they advance in grade level?

A4. Yes. As of the release of NECAP scores in February of 2008, there were three years of historical data in the system. If a user has access to a student record, then he/she can view all assessment results for the student. As of now, when a student leaves a school, the school maintains access to the information in PerformancePLUS to enable analysis to improve the education of the students. When the student has no longer been in the school for more than three years, the system may prevent access to the student records because at that point, the education value of accessing the data would be minimal.

Q5. What college and CTE information is available with Performance Tracker?

A5. The DOE works with The National Student Clearinghouse to gain information about college attendance. This organization receives information from most colleges in the country. As a result, schools can run reports to filter for students attending 2 year, 4 year, and other types of college filters. These filters are available in the “Student Group” filters. Additionally, under the Dynamic Student Group filters, there is a filter for college, (by college #’s).

There are also “Student Group” filters to identify students attending a CTE program and a dynamic group filter that allows you to filter for a specific CTE program (e.g. Animal Science).

Q6. How do I get images to show up on my Macintosh computer from Content Library if it does not happen automatically?

A6. See downloadable document at:

Q7. I see student data that is not correct. What do I do

A7. Contact your i4see coordinator for the district. The i4see Coordinator uploads students, and makes changes to data. To locate your i4see Coordinator, go to:

Q8. Q: I am a teacher and I want to delete a focus group I created. How do I do this?

A8: When you are logged into Performance Tracker at the home page, click on the icon at the bottom called “My Info.” Scroll down to where it says “my student groups”, open the link and you will be allowed to edit and delete your group.

Q9. How do I save my reports; can I download and print them?

A9. You can go to “Work with my Reports” at the bottom of the reporting page and save the criteria for those reports. You cannot download them, but you can copy them into MS: Word, or MS: PowerPoint or similar tools. You can print them by clicking the print icon in the top right corner or you after you past them in a word processor or other system you can print the report.

Q10. How is student growth index calculated?

A10. It is a many-paged explanation that you can find at the following link:

Q11. What are the different levels of access or security roles?

A11. Go to the following link for a full explanation:

Q12. Why don’t I have the same icons as another person?

A12. You may need to change your data view. For example, if you have SAU access, you need to go to data view and choose a specific district to access Content Library and run Assessment Scores reports. Additionally, if you have a role limiting you to specific courses, then you might not have the same access as someone who has rights to all students in a school, district or SAU. To view the different security access roles, go to:

Q13. What is the relationship between PT and AYP designation?

A13. NONE; AYP designation is entirely separate and based on many more factors and calculations than what Performance Tracker provides. Performance Tracker can give you information about student performance that can improve achievement which can affect AYP status.

Acrobat Reader Symbol Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

New Hampshire Department of Education
101 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH | 03301-3494
Telephone: (603) 271-3494 | TDD Access: Relay NH 711