The Diversity Committee
All people with disabilities have access to employment opportunities and services needed to reach their vocational and independent living goals.
To incorporate diversity into every aspect of the rehabilitation process.
An umbrella term that encompasses the differences that individuals bring to the work environment, including, but not limited to
- Cultural Influences
- Educational Background
- Mental/Emotional disability
- Physical disability
- Religious preferences
- Sexual orientation
- Socioeconomic status
- Hiring and Recruitment: Promote diversity in hiring practice through awareness, succession planning, recruitment and internship opportunities.
- Marketing and Outreach: Consistently and comprehensively demonstrate the agency's commitment to diversity, both internally and to the general public.
- Provision of Services: Every customer has equal opportunity to achieve his/her potential.
- Training and Resources: All staff must be prepared to participate in an increasingly diverse society and committed to facilitation of all customers through the rehabilitation process.
New Hampshire Department of Education
101 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH | 03301-3494
Telephone: (603) 271-3494 | TDD Access: Relay NH 711