Dept of Education Logo
Dept of Education Logo
Home | About Us | Accountability/Assessment | Certification | Data Collection & Reports | Innovations | Legislation/Hearings/Rules | NH Schools | Professional Development | Employment Opportunities | Contact Us | Search | Calendar
Department of Education - an official New Hampshire Government website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
skip navigation
students artwork

Information for Home Schooled Applicants

Home schooled students sometimes take the GED Tests as a way to complete a high school credential that can be submitted to colleges or employers. A home schooled student who is 18 or older may register for the GED at any local testing center.

A home schooled student who is 16 or 17 may seek permission to take GED Tests if he or she has completed the home schooling program and passed GED practice tests.

Use GED Referral Form 3 which must be signed by an official of the agency that has been notified of the student's home schooling.

New Hampshire Department of Education
101 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH | 03301-3494
Telephone: (603) 271-3494 | TDD Access: Relay NH 711